TRUE NORTH BRIDAL FAQs

What exactly does True North carry?

True North carries all things “bridal”. We offer bridal gowns and separates, as well as accessories. The gown designers and accessories designers we have at the studio are pretty rad. We cater specifically to the bride. Which means we do not carry any bridesmaid, flower girl, or mother-of-the-bride gowns dresses. But we can always offer suggestions!

What is the price range of your gowns?

Our gowns range in price from $1200 - $3,800, with the majority falling between $1,500 - $2,500.

Do I need an appointment? 

Yes! Our studio is open by appointment only. This allows us to give you our undivided attention, and supports our ethos of creating an experience that is intimate and memorable. Book an appointment here.

Your appointment will run 1 hour and 15 minutes. We have you answer some questions before we meet to get to know you a little better. That way, we can dedicate the majority of the time to trying on gowns and not feel rushed! In the allotted time, you’ll most likely try on anywhere from 5 to 10 gowns. We love to focus on how you feel in the gowns, so we’ll ask you questions about what you like and don’t like so we can zero in on exactly what you are looking for. If for any reason we run out of time or you need to sleep on it, we totally get it, and are happy to schedule another one for you.

Is there an appointment cancellation policy? 

Yes, since we are open by appointment only, we kindly ask that you give us at least 24 hours notice if you need to cancel or reschedule. We greatly appreciate it! 

 

How many people can I bring to my appointment?

Our advice is to keep it sweet, simple, and small. For your sake, we recommend keeping your support crew to under five.  We believe that your fitting should be as intimate as possible, keeping the focus on you and your style and vision. Smaller groups allow you to listen to yourself, your opinions, and how you feel. Sometimes too many opinions end up overwhelming your decision, making it difficult to truly trust your gut. And also, we want to comfortably accommodate everyone,  as our studio space is rather cozy. With a studio full of white dresses, and other delicate inventory, we also kindly ask that you leave any kiddos and pets at home. Thank you in advance! 

How does the special ordering process work?

We carry one of each gown here in the studio. These are our samples. So if you decide on a gown, we take your measurements, decide on a size together and order it straight from the designer! It will be shipped here to the studio and more often than not, alterations are still needed to make it perfect for you. We do not offer alterations, but we will refer you to our favorite local alterations specialists. Alterations are a separate cost from the purchase of your gown. 

What size are the sample dresses? What if they don't fit me? 

Guess what? The samples sizes we carry won't fit anyone perfectly. We work hard to be able to accommodate all brides, so if you have a concern beforehand, just give us a shout. We always have a few creative tricks up our sleeve to make sure we give you the best possible idea of how each sample dress will look. If the dress is too big for you, we we have our bridal clips to make the dress tighter where need be. If the dress is too small for you, we will simply clip the gown up to your undergarments. No worries, we got you!

What is the purchase process like? 

Glad you asked! We ask that 60% of the total amount of the gown be paid when we place the order with the designer. The other 40% is due when the dress arrives here at the studio and you come to pick it up! All accessories we sell at the studio are to be paid in full. 

How long does it take to get my dress? 

Our designers production times take anywhere from 3 to 6 months. Each designer is a bit different. A few designers carry inventory and can have your dress ready in just a few weeks, and most of them can “rush” the gown for a fee. We will help you figure it out based on your wedding date, then provide you with an estimated ship date, and keep you updated each step of the way!

 

Okay, what else can I do to make the best of my appointment?

  • If you feel overwhelmed by the dress process, we highly encourage taking a few minutes to read this blog post. It will help you feel prepared which in turn will make you more confident during throughout the journey.

  • Want a peek into an appointment here at True North? Check out this post.

  • Do some research! Check out the designers we carry, take a look at our instagram to get an idea of what True North is all about. This will help ensure we are a good fit.

  • Most gowns are best tried on without a bra and without heels. But if you want to have the right undergarments and shoes, go for it! It’s totally up to you.

  • The most important thing is to keep an open mind and have fun.